Wednesday 26 February 2014

Skincare Routine (winter 2014)

I've made an official decision to post more on my beauty blog so I decided to kick start that with some skincare! Also, checkout my travel blog to learn more about my exchange to France:
http://nadia-travels.blogspot.fr

About my skin: I'm 15 so I have typical teenage oiliness and acne. I've had acne for about 2 years so I do have a bit of scarring but its mostly active breakouts that my regimen targets. I use mostly drugstore products with the exception of a few Clinique products.

The first step in my skin care is taking off my makeup! I wear makeup about 6 days a week so this is almost always a necessity, but obviously when I'm not wearing makeup I skip this! Lately I've been using Bioderma and Clean & Clear wipes. I do like both of them for face makeup, but since I wear waterproof mascara almost daily I do need to get some better eye makeup remover...but for non waterproof eye makeup & face makeup I recommend both of these products.




The second step is to wash & tone my face, I use a three step system from Clinique called Acne Solutions (cleanser, toner and lotion). I really like the face wash because it does a great job of getting off my makeup and it foams up really nicely. Both the cleanser and toner make my skin feel so clean and nice when I use them, without drying me out. I have to say I'm actually kind of obsessed with the toner...my skin feels sooo clean after using it and it is such a nice feeling because I've never really had a toner in my skincare routine. I wash and tone twice a day.



Occasional step: I love face masks and I'm actually wearing one as I write this (cute, right?) The one I'm using today is from The Body Shop and its the blemish fighting tea tree oil one. I really like it because it keeps acne under control. I've also used two samples of Glam Glow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment and I have one left. I want to try the Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment...but its 70$ so I'll stick to The Body Shop for now. I use a mask after I use the cleanser but before the toner! I also do this only once or twice a week.

Wow crappy picture...

The third step in my skin care routine is moisturizing! At night I use the Greenbeaver Green Tea & Soothing Aloe 100% natural facial cream on my whole face and the Clinique Acne Solutions lotion where I'm breaking out. During the day I use Aveeno Smart Essentials which has an SPF of 30 and smells amazing.


Thats all I've been doing for my skincare recently, I'm really happy with it because I don't think any of the products are breaking me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment